ESSAY 6: Trees
- Your essays should be about 1000 words, in 12 font and double-spaced. This means you should devote a good paragraph or more to each part. Include the word count at the top of the assignment.
- Please make an effort with your grammar and your spelling. I require college-level work.
- No late assignments will be accepted. Submit online.
Please separate your answers clearly (with spacing) into the separate parts, labeling Part 1, Part 2, etc….
- Do you have a favorite tree?
- What kind of tree is it?
- Why is it your favorite?
- If you do not have a favorite tree, find one and then answer the questions above
- How many trees surround your home or apartment?
- Do they help shade you in the hot weather? Are they planted in the south and west?
- Do you have room to plant a shade tree?
- Have you ever stopped and thought about the great benefit of pure oxygen you get from trees?
- Think about it now. Just take a moment and hang out with your tree. Hug your tree 🙂 What are your thoughts? Do you feel calmer?
- Now this will seem strange to some, but Your assignment is to give thanks and a gift to your tree.
- What did you give your tree? And why?
Watch the You tube Video and answer the following question:
1) Explain how water is sucked up into the top of a tree.
2) Explain transpiration
3) Why isn’t the water boiling at the top of the tree?
4) What amazed you about this information?