LEG 500 Week 1 Assignment Help | Strayer University
Week 1 Assignment 1 – Facebook Live Killings
Read the article “Cleveland Shooting Highlights Facebook’s Responsibility in Policing Depraved Videos” located at http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/cleveland-shooting-highlights-facebook-s-responsibility-policing-depraved-videos-n747306.
Write a 4–5-page paper in which you do the following:
- Discuss whether or not you believe that Facebook has a legal or ethical duty to rescue a crime victim.
- Suggest and elaborate on three ways that social media platforms can be more proactive and thorough with their review of the types of content that appear on their sites.
- Propose two safeguards that Facebook and other social media platforms should put into place to help prevent acts of violence from being broadcasted.
- Conduct some research to determine whether or not Facebook has an Ethics Officer or Oversight Committee. If so, discuss the key functions of these positions. If not, debate on whether or not it should create these roles.
- Propose two changes Facebook should adopt to encourage the ethical use of its platform.
- Use the (Strayer University Library) to locate two quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference, and proprietary websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Refer to Chapter 8: Who can be found guilty of business crime and what is the key to establishing criminal liability? Using the Internet, research and post an example of a business crime committed in the last 2 years and any and all of those who were held criminally liable. (See the examples of types of business crimes in the chapter reading). Include your source for information in your answer.
When in the private workplace do we have a “reasonable expectation of privacy”? What is the test for the tort of invasion of privacy? If management’s interest is to make sure its employees are productive, can management monitor computers, workstations, phones, etc.? Why or why not?
Can management/employers today use personal information and lifestyle posts on social media to make a determination of whether to hire someone? Why or why not? Support your answer.
This week, your discussion question required you to:
- State what is required for a valid contract (offer, acceptance, consideration)
- Assess what might put your company at risk if not sufficiently scrutinized prior to signing a contract?
- Explain contract formation and differences pursuant to common law versus the UCC, noting why it is important to distinguish and identify which applies.
- Research a breach of contract case involving two U.S. businesses within the last year, explaining the facts of the case, the dispute, and the outcome if the case resolved.
This week’s discussion questions require you to 1) identify and explain the law regarding products liability; 2) provide an example of a persuasive advertisement within the last year that was in violation of product liability law; 3) research the latest activities by agencies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA),
Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and analyze the current state of government regulation for product safety to determine whether each administrative agency is generally proactive or reactiv; and 4) provide one specific example within the last year from each agency.
This week’s discussion questions required you to:
1 – Identify and explain the forms of intellectual intangible property protection pursuant to the Chapter reading.
2 – Provide an example of an ACTIVE business dispute involving intellectual property within the last two years. *An example no one else has selected *
3 – Summarize the facts and the law in dispute of the case you found.
4 – Provide the outcome or, predict what you believe will be the outcome of the dispute for the example you provided.
5 – Justify your response.
6 – Address what remedies are available to IP owners and what elements are needed to prove and win a case in court.
7 – Address the law in regards to employee’s IP rights and limitations when they are working “within the scope of their employment?”
Unless you are working, in which case, please try to share your employer’s policy and share with the class. You did a good job addressing each of these areas this week and I appreciate what you added; however, you needed to discuss the employee rights aspect. You included an attachment which was not able to be opened instead.