Select a state regulation from a state of your choice on one of the following topics. Prepare an annotated copy of the regulation including the sections you reviewed to answer the questions in the following format:
Prepare a 3-4 pages response addressing all information in the following table. Highlight five to six notable parts to the regulations. For each of the parts describe how the patient, provider, product developer, health care organization, and payer may be impacted. Remember to write in narrative format except for titles. Use citations and attach the notated regulation. The instructor will set up a conference area to select one of the following or suggest your own with the approval of the instructor. No more than 3 students for each topic. First-come. First-served. The topics are as follows:
- Frontline workers are required to be immunized for influenza and potentially other contagious diseases. Where does this requirement come from and how does the state regulation ensure compliance?
- Health professionals have responsibility for reporting elder and child abuse and neglect. How do state regulations help to meet this expectation?
- Long-term care facilities must offer certain services according to state standards. What are they?
- Some states have a certificate of need program to assess the need for new health service providers. How does this work?
- Lead paint screening is a federal initiative that takes place in nearly every state, how are these services regulated on the state level?
- Sexually transmitted diseases are reportable under state regulation. What diseases and what regulations ensure this reporting properly.
- Parental notification is required for the treatment of minors. Select a state and indicate how parental notification related to teen pregnancy in that state.
- Patients must consent to participate in research studies, including granting permission to use their biological tissues for tissue banks or organ banks. Does this involve state regulations if not what laws govern this?
- Health insurance is administered on a state level. What state regulations govern Health Information Exchange? (Note you must select a state with a Health Information Exchange in operation or close to operation.)
- Alcohol and drug treatment varies widely across states. Select a state and note the specific regulations about drug treatment facilities.
Type your name here.
Assignment #3 Title:
Provide a short name and the official title of the State Laws associated with your topic.
Identify the state agency and subunit (such as a bureau or office) responsible for oversight/enforcement of the rules.
Incentives and Enforcement:
What enforcement and penalties are described if noted regulations are violated?
Is there training for personnel or technical Assistance?
Key Aspect of the Regulation #1:
How does this section of the regulation impact
-health care professionals,
-health provider organizations,
– health product developers?
Key Aspect of the Regulation #2:
Key Aspect of the Regulation #3:
Key Aspect of the Regulation #4:
Key Aspect of the Regulation #5: