From the excerpt: “Far from the tree” by Andrew Solomon
1. Finish the sentence as someone who stigmatizes (w/o assuming that you do!): “Disabled individuals are ….. “ (what?)
2. Why do we stigmatize and devaluate people who are ill or disabled?
3. What is vertical identity? What is horizontal identity? Give examples.
4. Discuss the difference between identity and illness, in relation to disability. Give 2 examples. In relation to this – do our decisions to maximize health and avoid illness devalue those who are sick and different? If your answer is NO, try to imagine why some people claim that normalization surgeries (for example) could be experienced as devaluing or rejecting of the disabled…
5. Are parents of disabled children / caretakers more stressed out than regular parents? Are these families suffering more? What do you think? Which are possible risk and protective factors (resources) for these families?
Read slides 17-21 (and corresponding material in the textbook) and reflect on your position. Are you FOR or AGAINST termination of pregnancy based on the impairment of the foetus? Argue your position.
Read slides 22-23 (and corresponding material in the textbook) and reflect on your position. Should more countries make euthanasia for the severely disabled children legal? Why and why not?
Read “The Wrong One Died” by Irvin Yalom. Answer the following
1. How would you call the type of grief that Penny experienced? What type of grief is it? In other words, what adjective would you add to the word “grief” as experienced by Penny?
2. What are the symptoms and behaviors seen in Penny due to her loss?
3. What did the psychotherapist do with Penny, which helped therapeutically? What therapeutic interventions (even very small ones) you noticed?
4. One paragraph reflection over this case. What was your reaction to what you read? How did you like the therapeutic connection between the psychotherapist (Irvin Yalom) and Penny?
Thank you so much!Life saver!
Awesome paper! Very reliable and prompt
This was great!
Thank you. I will get back to you next week. There are more classes that I need help.
Thanks a lot. All good
I loved the service it was really fast & efficient. I ended up with an A in my class!
It was a pleasure working with you. You are really responsible and always do you’re best and of course, we will keep working together.
The essay and the Excel file looks good. Thank you for working with me throughout the project.
Thank you for the quick help. I was stuck.
You are a lifesaver. Thank you. I will be needing your help for the midterm exam.
I am very grateful for your help. Without you, I would have quit a long time ago. Appreciate your help 100%.
I know it is APA 7 and it should not have the running headers, but my professor insists on them. Please include them in the upcoming orders. Overall, I liked it and I will be submitting it tonight. Thank you.
Thank you for the help. All good.
You do an exceptional job, have gotten good grades n positive feedback/ comments from my professors since you started helping me.
Thanks. I will handle the replies.
Simple Order Process
Fill in the Order Form
Share all the assignment information. Including the instructions, provided reading materials, grading rubric, number of pages, the required formatting, deadline, and your academic level. Provide any information and announcements shared by the professor. Choose your preferred writer if you have one.
Get Your Order Assigned
Once we receive your order form, we will select the best writer from our pool of experts to fit your assignment.
Share More Data if Needed
You will receive a confirmation email when a writer has been assigned your task. The writer may contact you if they need any additional information or clarifications regarding your task
Let Our Essay Writer Do Their Job
Once you entrust us with your academic task, our skilled writers embark on creating your paper entirely from the ground up. Through rigorous research and unwavering commitment to your guidelines, our experts meticulously craft every aspect of your paper. Our process ensures that your essay is not only original but also aligned with your specific requirements, making certain that the final piece surpasses your expectations.
Quality Checks and Proofreading
Upon the completion of your paper, it undergoes a meticulous review by our dedicated Quality and Proofreading department. This crucial step ensures not only the originality of the content but also its alignment with the highest academic standards. Our seasoned experts conduct thorough checks, meticulously examining every facet of your paper, including grammar, structure, coherence, and proper citation. This comprehensive review process guarantees that the final product you receive not only meets our stringent quality benchmarks but also reflects your dedication to academic excellence.
Review and Download the Final Draft
If you find that any part of the paper does not meet the initial instructions, send it back to us with your feedback, and we will make the necessary adjustments.