Funding through Grants
Budgeting in human services organizations brings about many challenges. Human services agencies must be creative in managing their budget due to the increased demands on the agency and the needs of the clients and stakeholders. There are many legal, contractual, and other requirements under the concept of financial management, as such agency administrators need to be creative to obtain funding. Applying for grants in both the private and public sectors is one access to funding resources. Most grants will require that you present a proposed budget for use of the funds. Thus, grants and budgeting often go hand in hand.
2. Lauffer, A. (2011). Understanding your social agency (3rd ed.). Washington, DC: Sage.
· Chapter 9, “Fundraising and Development” (pp. 285–320) Attached Document
3. LeRoux, K. (2009). Managing stakeholder demands: Balancing responsiveness to clients and funding agents in nonprofit social service organizations. Administration & Society, 41(2), 158–184. Attached Document
4. Nelson, D., & Ruffalo, L. (2017). Grant writing: Moving from generating ideas to applying to grants that matter. The International Journal of Psychiatry in Medicine, 52(3), 236-244. Attached Document
Required Media Websites
For this Discussion, think about grant writing and the elements needed to write a successful grant. Then, review sample grants at https://grantspace.org/resources/sample-documents/. Identify one grant to discuss.
Post 1 page the following:
· Describe the key elements to grant writing.
· Provide a brief description of the grant proposal you selected and explain the strengths of the proposal and any areas where it could be improved.
· Explain how you would improve on the grant proposal to convince the funder that funding this program would have a positive and measurable effect on the community.
APA Format and use intext citations and Reference from Required Reading