Remember in this course, you will develop one essay. The subject of your essay for this course is “Changing Our Lives.” In your essay, you will address why you decided to go to college at this time in your life and state the three reasons behind your decision.
The subject of your essay for this course is “Changing Our Lives.” You have taken a marvelous, brave step on an educational journey. Congratulations! You have likely done a great deal of soul-searching to come to this enormous decision. The purpose of this essay, therefore, is for you to tell your readers (your instructor and your classmates) why you came to this decision. In your “Changing Our Lives” essay, you will address why you decided to go to college at this time in your life and state the reasons behind your decision.
In this assignment, you will take the next step of the essay writing process by creating an outline to help you organize your ideas for your essay. Download the “Outline Template” by clicking this link. Please review the “Sample Student Outline” by clicking this link to download. “Sample Student Outline” can also be accessed by using the “Additional Resources” link in each week or by navigating to Student Center>Additional Resources. (Please do NOT write your whole essay in this assignment. We will create the essay step-by-step each week for final submission in Week 10. Creating your outline is the next step in creating your essay.)
Create a topic outline in which you:
- Use the outline template located in the course shell to create a topic outline.
- Use short phrases and NOT complete sentences.
- Identify at least three (3) main points.
- Identify at least two (2) supporting points for each main point.
- Minimize mechanical and stylistic errors.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Use prewriting, writing, revising, and reflecting techniques to present ideas in a logical and organized manner.