The purpose of this assignment is twofold: first, to enable you to explore a term (concept, technique, place, etc.) related to this week’s theme of sustaining atmosphere and climate; second, to provide your first contribution to a collective project, the Class Sustainable Living Guide.
In the template, you will
- Define the term thoroughly, in your own words.
- Explain the importance of the term using evidence.
- Discuss how the term affects living things and the physical world.
- Suggest two specific actions that can be taken to promote environmental sustainability in relation to the term.
- Explain exactly how those actions will aid in safeguarding our environment in relation to your chosen term.
- Provide detailed examples to support your ideas.
The Sustainable Living Guide Contributions: Sustaining Our Atmosphere and Climate paper
- Must be a minimum of three paragraphs in length (not including title, any quoted text, or references) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.)
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text. To receive optimal credit, use at least one scholarly source from a peer-reviewed academic journal. To aid you in your research, and particularly in locating scholarly sources via the Ashford University Library or using Google Scholar, please review the following Ashford videos and tutorials:
- Scholarly and Popular Resources (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Database Search Tips (Links to an external site.)
- (Links to an external site.)Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.)
- Accessing Full text and citation in Google Scholar: SCI207 – Google Scholar (Links to an external site.)
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting