Demographics and Public Health
Visit the Web site of the U.S. Census Bureau (linked in Resources) for information about the population of your city or town. Include the following in your initial post.
Summarize the census data collected about your city or town:
- What is the current population? Is it increasing or decreasing?
- How does the age distribution of your city or town compare to that of the U.S. overall?
- How does the ethnic composition compare?
- How does the education level of the population compare to that of the U.S. overall?
Based on social determinants of health:
- What assumptions about potential public health issues in your selected city or town can you make from this information? Support your assertions with at least one evidence-based resource. Refer to Social Determinants of Health (linked in Resources) if necessary.