1. Describe Mendel’s P, F1, and F2 generations in his experiments with pea plants.
2. Two heterozygote tongue rollers (dominant trait) have a child. What percentage of individuals would be predicted to be heterozygotes, homozygous dominant and homozygous recessive? What is the only genotype of two parents that would ensure that their offspring could not roll their tongue (recessive trait)? Explain your reasoning.
3. A man with AB blood and a woman with O blood have a child. What is the genotype and phenotype of both the man and woman? Is it possible for them to have a child with O blood? Explain. Also, explain what type of inheritance the ABO blood system demonstrates.
4. Cystic fibrosis is an autosomal recessive disease characterized by two copies of a mutated CFTR gene. If one in 100 people in the United States have cystic fibrosis and one in 5.0505050505 people are carriers for cystic fibrosis, calculate the number of individuals that are homozygous dominant. In other words, how many people would have two copies of the normal (non-mutated) CFTR gene. Use the Hardy-Weinberg equation and explain how you determined this.
5. Red-green colorblindness is a recessive trait that is located on the X chromosome. A woman who is not colorblind but whose father is colorblind has a child with a man who is not colorblind. Predict the probability of their daughter having colorblindness, their daughter having normal vision, their son being colorblind, and their son having normal vision. Explain your reasoning.
6. One strand of a single DNA helix is labeled red while the other strand of the same DNA helix is labeled blue. This double helix DNA is replicated through the process of semi-conservative replication. Note that a completely newly synthesized strand of DNA will be white. Predict what the colors of the newly replicated DNAs (both strands) would be, explaining your prediction based on your understanding of semi-conservative replication.
7. Transcribe and translate the following sequence of DNA: TTAACGCCA. There is a mutation that resulted in AAA being inserted after G. Predict how this mutation would impact the product of translation.
8. Which of the following sequences cannot exist for a mRNA. Explain your answer.
9. Some antibiotics are used to kill bacteria by stopping the ribosome from functioning. Based on the central dogma of biology, why is this deadly for bacteria?
10. A cell has lost its ability to produce tRNA. Explain the consequences of this loss to the cell. Would this cell be able to divide? Explain.
Thank you so much!Life saver!
Awesome paper! Very reliable and prompt
This was great!
Thank you. I will get back to you next week. There are more classes that I need help.
Thanks a lot. All good
I loved the service it was really fast & efficient. I ended up with an A in my class!
It was a pleasure working with you. You are really responsible and always do you’re best and of course, we will keep working together.
The essay and the Excel file looks good. Thank you for working with me throughout the project.
Thank you for the quick help. I was stuck.
You are a lifesaver. Thank you. I will be needing your help for the midterm exam.
I am very grateful for your help. Without you, I would have quit a long time ago. Appreciate your help 100%.
I know it is APA 7 and it should not have the running headers, but my professor insists on them. Please include them in the upcoming orders. Overall, I liked it and I will be submitting it tonight. Thank you.
Thank you for the help. All good.
You do an exceptional job, have gotten good grades n positive feedback/ comments from my professors since you started helping me.
Thanks. I will handle the replies.
Simple Order Process
Fill in the Order Form
Share all the assignment information. Including the instructions, provided reading materials, grading rubric, number of pages, the required formatting, deadline, and your academic level. Provide any information and announcements shared by the professor. Choose your preferred writer if you have one.
Get Your Order Assigned
Once we receive your order form, we will select the best writer from our pool of experts to fit your assignment.
Share More Data if Needed
You will receive a confirmation email when a writer has been assigned your task. The writer may contact you if they need any additional information or clarifications regarding your task
Let Our Essay Writer Do Their Job
Once you entrust us with your academic task, our skilled writers embark on creating your paper entirely from the ground up. Through rigorous research and unwavering commitment to your guidelines, our experts meticulously craft every aspect of your paper. Our process ensures that your essay is not only original but also aligned with your specific requirements, making certain that the final piece surpasses your expectations.
Quality Checks and Proofreading
Upon the completion of your paper, it undergoes a meticulous review by our dedicated Quality and Proofreading department. This crucial step ensures not only the originality of the content but also its alignment with the highest academic standards. Our seasoned experts conduct thorough checks, meticulously examining every facet of your paper, including grammar, structure, coherence, and proper citation. This comprehensive review process guarantees that the final product you receive not only meets our stringent quality benchmarks but also reflects your dedication to academic excellence.
Review and Download the Final Draft
If you find that any part of the paper does not meet the initial instructions, send it back to us with your feedback, and we will make the necessary adjustments.