Social Determinants of Health
This assignment is a 2–3 page summary intended to help leadership in a local health center understand how social determinants of health have contributed to a growing public health crisis in their community.
You have been asked to orient the new supervisor of a local health center to the changing needs of a typical American community in which approximately 50 long-term patients can no longer afford necessary medical care. You may choose a name and relevant characteristics of the community based on the public health concerns and social determinants of health you have studied thus far.
- Refer to the required readings in this unit for the information needed to answer the following questions.
- For assistance in formatting your report, refer to the APA Paper Tutorial linked in Resources.
- An APA Paper Template is also included for your convenience.
Using the following outline, discuss the impact of social determinants in terms of the scenario. Include all four categories:
- Descriptions of the health access issue and the affected population:
- Explain why access to health services is an important issue for today’s communities.
- Identify the three elements that comprise access to health services.
- Discuss specific barriers that affect a person’s health status.
- Health indicators:
- Describe the leading health indicators that demonstrate the lack of access to care, using information from Healthy People 2020 (linked in Resources),.
- Public health interventions:
- Describe various public health interventions that have been used to address the issue.
- Social determinants:
- Identify the social determinants that impact the quality of health.
- Describe how increased understanding of the social determinants of health has changed or influenced public health interventions over time.
- Page count: 2–3 pages of content plus cover and reference pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current edition APA style and formatting.
- Number of references: Cite all sources. Include at least two peer-reviewed sources.
Note: Before submitting this paper, you should refer to the Guiding Questions (linked in Resources) to ensure you have addressed all of the grading criteria.
- Social Determinants of Health Scoring Guide.
- Guiding Questions: Social Determinants of Health .
- HealthyPeople.gov: Access to Health Services.
- 2015 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report.
- Healthy People 2020 Midcourse Review.
- Anatomy of a Reference | Transcript.
- Capella University Library.
- Public Health Undergraduate Library Research Guide.
- APA Paper Template [DOCX].
- APA Paper Tutorial.
- APA Module.
Thank you so much!Life saver!
Awesome paper! Very reliable and prompt
This was great!
Thank you. I will get back to you next week. There are more classes that I need help.
Thanks a lot. All good
I loved the service it was really fast & efficient. I ended up with an A in my class!
It was a pleasure working with you. You are really responsible and always do you’re best and of course, we will keep working together.
The essay and the Excel file looks good. Thank you for working with me throughout the project.
Thank you for the quick help. I was stuck.
You are a lifesaver. Thank you. I will be needing your help for the midterm exam.
I am very grateful for your help. Without you, I would have quit a long time ago. Appreciate your help 100%.
I know it is APA 7 and it should not have the running headers, but my professor insists on them. Please include them in the upcoming orders. Overall, I liked it and I will be submitting it tonight. Thank you.
Thank you for the help. All good.
You do an exceptional job, have gotten good grades n positive feedback/ comments from my professors since you started helping me.
Thanks. I will handle the replies.
Simple Order Process
Fill in the Order Form
Share all the assignment information. Including the instructions, provided reading materials, grading rubric, number of pages, the required formatting, deadline, and your academic level. Provide any information and announcements shared by the professor. Choose your preferred writer if you have one.
Get Your Order Assigned
Once we receive your order form, we will select the best writer from our pool of experts to fit your assignment.
Share More Data if Needed
You will receive a confirmation email when a writer has been assigned your task. The writer may contact you if they need any additional information or clarifications regarding your task
Let Our Essay Writer Do Their Job
Once you entrust us with your academic task, our skilled writers embark on creating your paper entirely from the ground up. Through rigorous research and unwavering commitment to your guidelines, our experts meticulously craft every aspect of your paper. Our process ensures that your essay is not only original but also aligned with your specific requirements, making certain that the final piece surpasses your expectations.
Quality Checks and Proofreading
Upon the completion of your paper, it undergoes a meticulous review by our dedicated Quality and Proofreading department. This crucial step ensures not only the originality of the content but also its alignment with the highest academic standards. Our seasoned experts conduct thorough checks, meticulously examining every facet of your paper, including grammar, structure, coherence, and proper citation. This comprehensive review process guarantees that the final product you receive not only meets our stringent quality benchmarks but also reflects your dedication to academic excellence.
Review and Download the Final Draft
If you find that any part of the paper does not meet the initial instructions, send it back to us with your feedback, and we will make the necessary adjustments.