You have been hired as a management consultant by a large company to examine the business decisions of the company in regard to employee protections. The laws applicable are federal antidiscrimination laws, federal health and safety laws, state laws and employer firing practices related to the employment-at-will doctrine.
In relation to the questions below, write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze, identify, and explain recent legislation that helps to protect employees from discrimination in the workplace. Provide at least two recent federal legislative protections/laws. Provide some insight when the federal legislation conflicts with the state. (Please note, the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act is not an acceptable example for this question)
2. Explain the Employment-at-Will (EAW) Doctrine and ALL possible exceptions to the doctrine. Look at the scenarios below and determine, pursuant to the law, whether the decision to fire the employee is a smart one. Identify why or why not and determine all the possible exceptions per the EAW doctrine that are, might be, or could be applicable if the employee sues for wrongful termination. Be sure to identify the law and explain it. Then, apply the law and answer the question. (All employees below are employees-at-will).
- Peter, a department supervisor, requests approval to fire Robert, his secretary. Robert is a devout Buddhist and was putting out Buddhist literature in the employee break room. Robert was also taking a lot of time to meditate in the workplace during some of the busiest times of day. Peter wants to fire Robert. If fired, can Robert sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
- Lori, a manager, started a blog on the company website for the company softball league. She noticed a worker, Seth, was protesting that employees were not getting paid enough and that benefits were costly. Lori reprimanded Seth and the next day, Seth posted a sign-up sheet on the blog to start a union. Lori fired Seth a week later when he failed to show to work one day. Can Seth sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
- Lori, head of Accounting, refused to sign Brian’s parental leave request. Brian is seeking 12 weeks of paid leave to care for his newborn son and wants to take this time during the most busy time – tax season. Can Brian sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
- Jackson has worked for the company for 10 years. He is a researcher and has a rare form of liver disease. The chemicals he works with make his condition worse but, he does not want to stop working. Jackson’s health is failing and, it effects his work. His boss, Jerry, is not happy with his performance and, when Jackson failed to show results from his research, fired him. Can Jackson sue for wrongful termination and prevail?
3. Determine the law in regard to undocumented workers and whether they are eligible for state workers’ compensation in the United States. Advocate for or against this practice and substantiate your response with research to support your position. How does the state law conflict with federal immigration law? Support your response.
4. Use the textbook and the Strayer University Library to locate at least two other quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources. The textbook for this class is a required source for this assignment.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). Paper requires a cover page and a reference page. Strayer Writing Standards is different than APA and other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details and comply with this requirement.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:Evaluate law relative to workplace discrimination, employment at will, state workers’ compensation eligibility and the Supremacy Clause.
Thank you so much!Life saver!
Awesome paper! Very reliable and prompt
This was great!
Thank you. I will get back to you next week. There are more classes that I need help.
Thanks a lot. All good
I loved the service it was really fast & efficient. I ended up with an A in my class!
It was a pleasure working with you. You are really responsible and always do you’re best and of course, we will keep working together.
The essay and the Excel file looks good. Thank you for working with me throughout the project.
Thank you for the quick help. I was stuck.
You are a lifesaver. Thank you. I will be needing your help for the midterm exam.
I am very grateful for your help. Without you, I would have quit a long time ago. Appreciate your help 100%.
I know it is APA 7 and it should not have the running headers, but my professor insists on them. Please include them in the upcoming orders. Overall, I liked it and I will be submitting it tonight. Thank you.
Thank you for the help. All good.
You do an exceptional job, have gotten good grades n positive feedback/ comments from my professors since you started helping me.
Thanks. I will handle the replies.
Simple Order Process
Fill in the Order Form
Share all the assignment information. Including the instructions, provided reading materials, grading rubric, number of pages, the required formatting, deadline, and your academic level. Provide any information and announcements shared by the professor. Choose your preferred writer if you have one.
Get Your Order Assigned
Once we receive your order form, we will select the best writer from our pool of experts to fit your assignment.
Share More Data if Needed
You will receive a confirmation email when a writer has been assigned your task. The writer may contact you if they need any additional information or clarifications regarding your task
Let Our Essay Writer Do Their Job
Once you entrust us with your academic task, our skilled writers embark on creating your paper entirely from the ground up. Through rigorous research and unwavering commitment to your guidelines, our experts meticulously craft every aspect of your paper. Our process ensures that your essay is not only original but also aligned with your specific requirements, making certain that the final piece surpasses your expectations.
Quality Checks and Proofreading
Upon the completion of your paper, it undergoes a meticulous review by our dedicated Quality and Proofreading department. This crucial step ensures not only the originality of the content but also its alignment with the highest academic standards. Our seasoned experts conduct thorough checks, meticulously examining every facet of your paper, including grammar, structure, coherence, and proper citation. This comprehensive review process guarantees that the final product you receive not only meets our stringent quality benchmarks but also reflects your dedication to academic excellence.
Review and Download the Final Draft
If you find that any part of the paper does not meet the initial instructions, send it back to us with your feedback, and we will make the necessary adjustments.