Epidemiologic surveillance is used in public and global health. For this Assignment, begin by locating a recent article about an outbreak of an infectious or communicable disease. The article can come from a newspaper or other source but your paper must be supported with at least three scholarly sources of evidence in the literature which may include your text or course readings.
For this Assignment, review the following
Write a 3- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
- A summary of the article, including the title and author
- Identify the title of the article with in-text citation and corresponding reference in reference list
- The relationship among causal agents, susceptible persons, and environmental factors (epidemiological triangle)
- The role of the nurse in addressing the outbreak
- Possible health promotion/health protection strategies that could have been implemented by nurses to mitigate the outbreak
Prior to submission, refer to the Week 3 Assignment Rubric.
NO ABSTRACT OR RUNNING HEAD REQUIRED