Although we are all in different locations/cultures, we are all strongly impacted by national policies such as The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. We want to know about your “organization” or “unit” in the organization. Your organization can be defined in various ways. It might be where you work; it might be a local medical center, hospital, or clinic; or it might be where you have done a practicum. Be cognizant of avoiding identifiers of your organization. Most organizations desire that this information is kept internal.
The goal of this discussion is twofold: Firstly, to discuss how national regulations and policies impact our day-to-day lives. Secondly, to bring awareness to our varied regional cultures.
For this Bongo discussion, you are to:
- Briefly describe how a key program of HITECH act, the Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program (meaningful use ([MU]), has impacted your organization).
- Share how MU has impacted your practice. Has it supported patient engagement in your own environment?
- Include a visual, not of you, but of the outside of the organization you have chosen to discuss.
- You may use images or video—your choice.
- It would be best to avoid signs that identify the organization.
- Show us the size of the buildings, parking lots, and the building’s surrounding area.
- You may want to show us the landscape between yourself and this organization.