1. Explain in the general evolutionary differences between Vertebrates and invertebrates. List the cordate innovations and the new ones that vertebrates acquired.
2. Compare the critical evolutionary innovations between 2 closely related vertebrates from the Major clades. For example (lampreys, hagfish) vs. (sharks, skates, and rays)
3. What type of shark is NOT endangered and is in fact a nuisance species? Also explain why we have a local great white shark problem. Explain why they were gone for decades and why are they back. Also explain why protecting them is in our best interest.
4. Compare the evolutionary adaptations between two closely related orders of mammals. For example (bats) vs (shrews, moles and hedgehogs)
5. Compare the critical evolutionary innovations between 2 closely related invertebrates. For example (sponges) vs (jellyfish, anemone, etc)
6. Compare the critical evolutionary innovations between 2 closely related plants. For example (gymnosperms) vs (angiosperms)
7. Explain the importance of pollinators and production of fruit. Also explain what you can do to help protect the pollinators.
8. Explain your stance on medical and recreational cannabis using data to support your stance on both.
9. Explain the good, the bad and the ugly of Corn in this country.
10. Explain how micro organisms extend or enhance their host capabilities.
11. Explain the importance of your gut microbiome and probiotic treatments.
12. Explain the role of fungi in an ecosystem and our economy
13. Explain the technological applications of microorganisms
14. Explain at least 4 of the 5 general categories of evidence of evolution with details.
15. Explain Charles Darwin 5-year voyage both in terms of what is mentioned in your textbook and from his original