Before beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
Health Issues in Your Community
For your project, you will visit the CDC website and select an article that addresses a health issue of your interest (for example, H1N1, obesity, diabetes, asthma, teenage pregnancy, etc.). Click here to visit the CDC website.
Addressing the following questions:
- What public health issue have you selected and why? Provide a brief explanation of the issue.
- How long has the health issue been prevalent in the community?
- What are the factors that have caused the issue to become a public issue? Support your answer with data from your research.
- Are there any social implications of the issue? Why or why not?
- What prevention and intervention measures have been implemented to address this issue in your community?
- Are there any issues that are not being adequately addressed? Support your answer with data from your research.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in a 3- to 5-page document.
- Submit your documents to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.