This assignment based on Hurricane Katrina Week 5 – Assignment 2: Presentation Outline Objective: Organize your thoughts and the main points of your research for your final presentation Assignment In
This assignment based on Hurricane Katrina
Week 5 – Assignment 2: Presentation Outline Objective: Organize your thoughts and the main points of your research for your final presentation Assignment Instructions: To help you complete Assignment 3: Research Presentation, you will first submit an outline to organize your thoughts and main points. Your outline should be formatted a specific way and must contain the following elements as described below. To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
- Read these directions carefully.
- Review the outline provided to you below.
- Read the grading criteria below. The grading criteria is a detailed evaluation that I will use to assess your performance. It also will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare your assignment.
- Message me with any questions!
Be sure to add your name and course number to your outline. The outline format: Your outline must be formatted as described and exemplified in the example below. Please note that this format will be assessed in your grade:
- Use an alphanumeric sequence
- Sections should be indented and aligned
- Follow the suggested order of the required elements
- Use brief but detailed and descriptive phrases.
The required elements: Your outline should contain the following elements in this order:
- The Introduction: this section must contain
- Name of research topic
- When weather event occurred
- Where weather event occurred
- Who was impacted by weather event
- Why is weather event relevant and important
- The Body (Content Sections): this section should contain
- Weather Event: Discuss the meteorology of what happened during your weather event. Describe conditions seen on the ground.
- Causation: Factors instrumental in creating favorable conditions for this weather event (i.e., surface heating, upper level disturbances, frontal convergence, etc.)
- Societal Impacts: Discuss the short-term (i.e. evacuations, power outages, property damage, injuries, loss of life, etc.) and long-term (i.e. economic losses, homelessness, mass relocations, etc.) impacts this weather event had on society.
- Weather Readiness: Plans to minimize, mitigate, or avoid future impacts from similar weather events (i.e. investing in weather radios or weather apps, evacuation plans, recovery centers, improving infrastructure, etc.)
- The Conclusion Section: this section should contain four to six points that sum up the main points from the body of the outline.
- Start your conclusive section with one sentence summarizing some basic information included in the introduction your chosen topic
- Continue with a brief summary (1-2 sentences) summarizing what happened.
- Include a brief note about future weather readiness.
- Wrap up the conclusive section with a closing note that provides brief information about relevancy of your topic.
- Reference section: This is not just the reference page; rather, referencing should occur throughout the outline as it will in your presentation. Therefore, your outline should include both a separate reference page containing a minimum of five sources listed in proper APA reference list format AND internal citations throughout the outline where appropriate. Please be sure to see the resources below for assistance regarding in-text citations and reference list formatting, and/or ask me if you have any additional questions.
Please make note of the following tips and tricks:
- We understand that this is a rough draft and, as your research and writing continue over the next few weeks, details may be added or changed. Although you do not have to resubmit it to me, I recommend that you update this outline to help you best complete Assignments 3.
- Write your outline so that it has detailed bullets that you can easily then flesh out into sentences for the narration of your presentation (Assignment 3).
- After your outline is complete, I recommend that you next draft your introductory and conclusion sections for your outline. This will ensure that all the main points of the outline are incorporated in these two framing sections of your final presentation.
- Please note that less than 10% of your outline or presentation (Assignment 3) should contain direct quotes.
- All internal citation references should be listed on the reference page, and vice versa.
- Use MS Word’s Outline Function. Use a MAC? Here is a video link (captioning included on the link) that you may find useful that reviews formatting in MS Word. (Setting up APA headers in Word).
- Also, please see the resources below at The Owl at Purdue site for more information on how to develop an outline:
- Types of Outlines and Samples
- Four Main Components for Effective Outlines
- Why and How to Create a Useful Outline
- For more information on how to format in-text citations and references lists, the links below:
- In-Text Citations: The Basics
Evaluation: Please review the Outline Grading Criteria that describes how your outline will be graded.
Thank you so much!Life saver!
Awesome paper! Very reliable and prompt
This was great!
Thank you. I will get back to you next week. There are more classes that I need help.
Thanks a lot. All good
I loved the service it was really fast & efficient. I ended up with an A in my class!
It was a pleasure working with you. You are really responsible and always do you’re best and of course, we will keep working together.
The essay and the Excel file looks good. Thank you for working with me throughout the project.
Thank you for the quick help. I was stuck.
You are a lifesaver. Thank you. I will be needing your help for the midterm exam.
I am very grateful for your help. Without you, I would have quit a long time ago. Appreciate your help 100%.
I know it is APA 7 and it should not have the running headers, but my professor insists on them. Please include them in the upcoming orders. Overall, I liked it and I will be submitting it tonight. Thank you.
Thank you for the help. All good.
You do an exceptional job, have gotten good grades n positive feedback/ comments from my professors since you started helping me.
Thanks. I will handle the replies.
Simple Order Process
Fill in the Order Form
Share all the assignment information. Including the instructions, provided reading materials, grading rubric, number of pages, the required formatting, deadline, and your academic level. Provide any information and announcements shared by the professor. Choose your preferred writer if you have one.
Get Your Order Assigned
Once we receive your order form, we will select the best writer from our pool of experts to fit your assignment.
Share More Data if Needed
You will receive a confirmation email when a writer has been assigned your task. The writer may contact you if they need any additional information or clarifications regarding your task
Let Our Essay Writer Do Their Job
Once you entrust us with your academic task, our skilled writers embark on creating your paper entirely from the ground up. Through rigorous research and unwavering commitment to your guidelines, our experts meticulously craft every aspect of your paper. Our process ensures that your essay is not only original but also aligned with your specific requirements, making certain that the final piece surpasses your expectations.
Quality Checks and Proofreading
Upon the completion of your paper, it undergoes a meticulous review by our dedicated Quality and Proofreading department. This crucial step ensures not only the originality of the content but also its alignment with the highest academic standards. Our seasoned experts conduct thorough checks, meticulously examining every facet of your paper, including grammar, structure, coherence, and proper citation. This comprehensive review process guarantees that the final product you receive not only meets our stringent quality benchmarks but also reflects your dedication to academic excellence.
Review and Download the Final Draft
If you find that any part of the paper does not meet the initial instructions, send it back to us with your feedback, and we will make the necessary adjustments.