HI 300 – Unit 4 Assignment
Information Governance Considerations within a Healthcare Setting
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Evaluate how the design of a database can affect data quality.
- Discuss the role of a data dictionary in ensuring both the quality of enterprise-wide data and data within
a specific database application.
- Discuss how to ensure the integrity and security of data within a database.
- Explain the concept of data warehousing and how it is applicable to decision support.
- Describe the purpose of healthcare data sets and standards used in healthcare data collection.
- Identify different types of data sets and their purpose
- Course outcome assessed in this Assignment:
- HI300-2: Classify database technologies and healthcare information systems used to manage data and
- PC 3.2: Interact with others in a professional manner using appropriate communication and presentation