For this week’s discussion, we will explore common mental health disorders. Select a disorder from the list below that you are not familiar with, meaning you or another person you know does not have this disorder. In other words, select a disorder that you would like to know more about. In your post:
· Identify the disorder that you selected.
· Write about what characterizes that disorder. (What are the symptoms?)
· Describe what makes you curious about this disorder.
Choose from this list of disorders:
· Substance Use Disorder
· Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
· Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
· Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
· Insomnia Disorder
· Autism Spectrum Disorder
Learning about a disorder that you are not familiar with can help you to understand the range of disorders that are present in modern-day society. It can also give you an idea of the various ways in which psychological disorders affect others.
Note: If you are already familiar with these disorders, you can either choose one to research and learn more about, or you can choose a different disorder.
To receive full credit, remember to write 2 posts in the discussion: one original and a response to another student. Your original should be at least 7 sentences, and your reply should be 4 sentences.