Public Health Service Agencies
Several public health service agencies, such as the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), are actively addressing community health problems. Refer to the EPA and OSHA Web sites (linked in Resources) to complete this discussion.
Select one agency and respond to the following:
- Identify two areas on which the selected agency is focusing that directly affect a public health issue of personal interest.
- Describe how each area improves health problems overall.
Refer to the Faculty Expectations Response Guidelines. Please choose posts that have had few responses thus far and respond with most or all of the following:
- Engage your peers. Tell them specifically why you chose to respond to their posts.
- Seek clarification. Talk about what is unclear. Ask questions. Offer suggestions.
- Make it real. Include personal examples or work experiences that add perspective to your replies.
- Be a practitioner/scholar. In addition to your personal or work experience, include one academic reference in each reply. Use APA style and formatting appropriate to the type of reference you provide.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Learn about the work a public health organization is doing to promote health.
- Describe goals of public health professionals and how to achieve them.
- Use data to support position statements related to issues in public health.