A related samples t-test compares the mean values of two related samples. In this assignment, you will review the SPSS output for a related samples t-test and use it to answer questions about the means of the two related samples.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review “SPSS Access Instructions” for information on how to access SPSS for this assignment.
- Download “SPSS Data Set Legend” for use with this assignment.
- Download “Module 4 SPSS Output” for use with this assignment.
Review the SPSS output file that reports the results of the related samples t-test to compare the number of U.S. states where each brand was sold in 2008 with the number of U.S. states where those same brands were sold in 2012. For each brand, there is one value for the number of states in 2008 and another value for the number of states in 2012, making this a repeated measure. Answer the following questions based on your observations of the SPSS output file:
- What was the mean number of U.S. states in which all of the beer brands were sold in 2008?
- What was the mean number of U.S. states in which all of the beer brands were sold in 2012?
- Was there a significant difference in the number of states in which these beer brands were sold in 2008 versus 2012? Report the results of the t-test as follows: t(df value) = ___, and p-value.