You MUST follow the requirements of the assignment (see below) if you want to maximize your chances of scoring well.
Answer ONE of the following questions:
- Using evidence from the assigned section of The Organic Machine AND Coboway’s Tale, describe TWO (2) of the major changes experienced by Native American groups in the Northwest in the late 1700s/early 1800s. What caused these changes and what were their consequences for those Indian societies?OR
- In the The Organic Machine, Richard White writes that “passage along the river was…not just physical; it was social and political” (p. 14). Using evidence from the assigned section of The Organic Machine AND George Simpson’s account (Links to an external site.), how was passage along the river (and across the Northwest more widely) a social and political matter?
The following are the requirements for the assignment:
- Your answer should be between half a page and one page in length, typed double space.
- You MUST use evidence from the reading as required by the question and you MUST provide citations in the text of your homework to the evidence you are using to support your response to the question.
- Watch for incorrect grammar, spelling, etc. The quality and clarity of your writing will play a role in the grade you earn on assignments.
- Use PAST TENSE! (but don’t change quotes).
- Don’t use your personal voice: E.g. avoid “I think” or “in my opinion.”
- Quotes: – Use where paraphrasing weakens the idea.- Not too long – keep to 2 lines or less.- All quotes should have a transition or introduction – they can’t just be inserted in a paragraph as a standalone sentence.