You are working in a pediatric primary care office and a mother brings a 3 year old female in to see you. She has never been to your office before. Her primary complaint is fever for two days. The fever has been increasing and this morning the mother gave the child aspirin which helped lower the fever. The child is interacting appropriately and no cognitive or developmental deficits are noted. Height and weight are age appropriate. The child was born without any presenting complications and has never been hospitalized since. The child is warm to the touch. The child does not appear in immediate distress. Vitals signs are noted below:
HR-104 RR-22 SPO2-100% Temp – 38.3 BP 102/66
Write what questions you would ask the child or parent to obtain a complete HPI. Write what physical examinations (do not include anything that needs to be ordered such as imaging or labs) you would perform to help reach a diagnosis. This should be a very detailed history and physical
- Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted, and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
- You should respond to at least two of your peers by extending, refuting/correcting, or adding additional nuance to their posts.
- All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible. They must be at least 100 words and supported by at least one source.
- Please post your initial response by 23:59 Thursday, and comment on the posts of two classmates by 23:59 Sunday.
- You can expect feedback from the instructor within 48 to 72 hours from the Sunday due date.
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.
Application of Course Knowledge
The quality of this category is determined by the ability to analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles and concepts learned in the course lessons and outside readings and relate them to real-life professional situations
Scholarliness and Scholarly Resources
This category is evaluated on the quality of the studentâ€™s ability to: Support writing with appropriate, scholarly sources; provide relevant evidence of scholarly inquiry clearly stating how the evidence-informed or changed professional or academic decisions; evaluate literature resources to develop a comprehensive analysis or synthesis; use sources published within the last 5 years; match reference list and in-text citations match, and minimize or appropriately format direct quotations
Grammar, Spelling, Syntax, Mechanics and APA Format
Reflection post has minimal grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, and APA* errors. Direct quotes (if used) are limited to 1 short statement** which adds substantively to the post.
* APA style references and in-text citations are required; however, there are no deductions for errors in indentation or spacing of references. All elements of the reference otherwise must be included.
**Direct quote should not exceed 15 words & must add substantively to the discussion
The quality for this category is determined by substantive written responses to a peer and faculty memberâ€™s questions in the threaded discussion. Substantive posts add importance, depth, and meaningfulness to the discussion. Students must respond to at least two peers in the threaded discussion. If no question asked directly from faculty, students must respond to questions posed to the entire class. The post must include at least one scholarly source.