Written Assignment 7
Answer the following questions.
1. Describe the gross anatomical features of a cross section of spinal cord.
2. Identify and describe the three spinal meninges.
3. Define nerve plexus and list the major nerve plexuses.
4. Define reflex and list the components of a reflex arc.
5. What purpose does reflex testing serve?
6. Name the major regions of the brain and the distinct structures of each.
7. From superficial to deep, name the layers that constitute the cranial meninges.
8. Describe how cerebrospinal fluid forms and circulates.
9. Describe the four wave types associated with an EEG.
10. Identify the cranial nerves by name, number, and function.
11. Identify the four types of general sensory receptors based on function, and identify the type of stimulus that excites each type.
12. Describe the role of the nervous system in each of the following:
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
Alzheimer disease (AD)
Multiple sclerosis (MS)