Assignment 5: “Sample Instructions – Draft”
Pick a favorite snack food that requires you to take at least eight steps to prepare.
Write one to two (1-2) pages of instructions on how to fix the snack you picked. Imagine your audience is third grade Girl Scouts who have little or no experience in a kitchen. Along with your instructions (in the same document), write a 1-page explanation of the steps you took to create the document and the rationale for your approach. In your document, you should:
- Write instructions and explanations clearly and briefly.
- Use appropriate tone and language for the intended purpose and audience.
- Organize the instructions and the document.
- Provide an explanation and rationale of the approach.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Explain ideas in proper format using accurate details and relevant examples.
- Design effective graphics for visual presentations.
- Use syntax, tone, and word choice appropriate to technical communications.
- Prepare reports, project requirements, and other various technical writing genres.
- Organize ideas logically.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in technical writing.
- Write clearly and concisely about technical writing using proper writing mechanics
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: